Opal is updated regularly, so we've highlighted our latest updates and newest features for you. If you don't see a newly released feature, reload Opal to ensure you're running the latest version.
- Create Twitter Moments with text, photos, videos/gifs, polls, link previews, retweets, and live tweets.
- Create moments faster, and with fewer clicks while navigating the calendar by week.
- Reuse your campaign and content plans and ideas again by duplicating a story.
Drag & Drop Assets
- While creating content, bring it to life by dragging and dropping an asset from your computer into the Composer.
Deactivate Label Sets & Labels
- Admins can deactivate an entire label set or individual labels when it is not needed temporarily or permanently.
- Create Twitter Threads with text, photos, videos/gifs, polls, and embedded tweets.
- Plan your Instagram Reels content, complete with cover images and captions.
Moment Right Click Options
- Copy a moment's URL or open it in a new tab.
Go to a Specific Date
- Use the calendar to go to a day, week, month, or year.
- Quickly edit notes by clicking on the current note's details.
Emojis in Chat
- React with and use emojis in chat.
- Updates make it easier to create and view IGTV content.
- Navigation to all views has been unified in the left sidebar.
- Any user can invite someone to Opal.
Asset Captions for Facebook Standard
- Add a descriptive caption to each asset.
Reschedule Story's Moments & Content
- Move all moments and content forward or backward within a story.
- View and complete workflow tasks assigned to you from a handy footer that appears on the content detail.
- View the entire workflow, including past and future task and approval phases, from a new workflow tab on the content.
- Complete tasks and approvals inline on the new workflow view.
- Adjust the scheduled date on phases and approval phase settings.
- Receive push notifications, for tasks assigned in the active phase, in the same way you receive approval notifications.
Nested Label Sets
- Teams can work in one space while having their own taxonomy and rules.
- Robust taxonomies can exist for each product line, business unit, category, region, etc.
- Save time while creating stories, moments, content, and assets by only picking from relevant Label Sets.
- Plan a Retweet or Quote Tweet for a Tweet that is already live, or for a Tweet planned in Opal that is not live yet.
SMS & MMS
- The SMS content type can be used to plan for both SMS and MMS marketing.
- Keeps track of the character count with a 160 soft validation counter.
- Standardize repeated marketing/communications activities (e.g. product launches, recurring initiatives, promotions).
- Ensure content has consistent required standard elements (e.g. boilerplate, headers/footers, CTA text).
- Apply pre-built Workflows and label sets based on need, not story or account.
Modular Content Types
- Select and combine modules for hero images, headings, body text, assets and CTA’s into the layout you need.
- Turn your layout into a template by saving it as a Content Type so your team spends less time recreating work.
- Select which content types appear in your channels and edit their names.
- Choose from several new content types, including URL Preview, Asset/Document, Modules and Audio.
- Choose the name of your sub-channels or leave them with the default ‘Account’ name.
- Create Placements for all of your custom and standard channels.
- Flight your moments to optimize their timing and impact in market.
- Centralize your review & approval process to break down feedback silos, streamline revisions and get to market faster.
- Content Cards can now be displayed in wide view.
- You can hide the Opal interface around Content Cards.
- Full-scale moment cover images are available on Week View slides.
- Presentations now display smoothly across all screen sizes.
Custom Story Colors
- Your Opal Admin can now customize the color of your team’s stories by changing your primary label colors.
- Post options include video aspect, source URL and location.
Pinterest Video Pin
- Pin titles, descriptions, website URL’s and board names can all be set.
- Preview account name, time bar and series titles to suit each view.
YouTube Channel Update
- Preview updates to your YouTube channel art in Opal.
- Store contextual information including who can view the post, whether comments are allowed and more.
- Send creative production requests from Opal to Wrike.
- Add creative from Jira to your marketing calendar in Opal or send creative production requests from Opal to Jira.
- Web: The default instance of Opal used by most customers.
- iOS: The Opal on Mobile app available on all iOS devices.