Onboarding into Opal
Download Opal on Mobile
Notifications and Subscriptions
Web Browsers and Security
Edit Your Profile
Edit Your Settings
Help & Support
Opal Features & Functionality
Save time with Opal AI
Inside Look: How Opal Marketing uses Boards
Managing your Email content
Parking Lot for Content
Labels Sets and Labels
Filter, Search, and Sort
Manage Privacy & Permissions
Track Campaign Budgets
Work with Campaigns
Define Campaign Details
Create & Manage a Moment
Customize Moments in Week View
Moment View Layouts
Move a Moment
Workflow on Moments
Manage Campaign Content
Channels & Content Types
Create & Manage Content
Content Composer Tabs
Export Content Metadata to CSV
Channels & Content Types
Custom Content Channel
View the Asset Library & Assets
Edit Asset Settings
Export Asset Metadata to CSV
Use Tasks & Approvals
Configure Tasks and Approvals
Approve and Decline Content
Share the Work
Create a Presentation
View a Presentation
Edit a Presentation and Slides
Share a Presentation
Canvas & Title Slides
Chrome Browser Extension
Facebook Ads Manager
Khoros Admin Guide
Sprinklr Admin Guide
Opal Admin Training
Quarterly Product Showcase: Project Management
Quarterly Product Showcase: Boards & Browser Extension
Opal Essentials - Limited User
Opal Quarterly Showcase w/Lauren Scott of Zillow
Opal Quarterly Showcase w/Angelic Crippen of Intermix
Opal Quarterly Showcase w/Kelsey Dahlager of Target
Opal Quarterly Showcase w/Leah Randall of Minted
Set Up Your Opal for Success
Manage General Options
Manage Label Sets & Labels
Manage Channels & Accounts
Manage Workspace Workflow
Single Sign-On (SSO)
See What's New!
Discover Boards, Your New Home in Opal
Simplified & Streamlined Navigation
Nested Label Sets
Opal Text Editor
Your Marketing Calendar, Now on Mobile
Orchestrate & Visualize Your Website in Opal
Email Collaboration Made Easy
Do More In Your Favorite Views
Polished for a Purpose
Workflow In Opal
Content Start and End Dates
Export to PDF
Content Change Tracking
Export Your Opal Data to CSV
Do More with Assets
Enhancing Collaboration with Access
Content Data Export
Added Accountability for Approvers
Facebook Canvas Ads
Plan & Manage Budgets
View & Schedule Timing of Content
New Moment Actions
Policies & Guidelines
Table of Contents
All stories, moments, and content can be flighted, and are visually represented to make it easy to see gaps in your plans.
It's possible to view flighting in a number of places, including: Calendar, Stories, Timelines, and the Composer.
Access your calendar, and see how flighting is affecting your calendar via Timelines.
Moment flighting details are displayed on the moment card.
- Navigate to Calendar via the left-hand sidebar.
- Select Week via the tabs above the calendar.
- Hover over a piece of content to see a preview of content, and its flighting details.
View flighting for a specific story and dive in to see the flighting for the supported moments and content.
- Navigate to Stories via the left-hand sidebar.
- Click into a story.
- Click “Timelines” located below the story name.
Each horizontal bar within Timelines represents the time a moment and piece of content is scheduled to be in market, easily allowing you to spot any gaps in coverage and adjust times as necessary.
- Navigate to Timelines via the the left-hand sidebar.
- Hover over a Timeline bar to see a preview of content.
After clicking on a content card, the flighting details are noted in the Composer in the Content Settings tab.
Make quick changes to reflect changes to your plans.
Edit the start and end dates of moments and content by using the End Date column.
- Navigate to Timelines.
- Locate the relevant item you want to update.
- Under the End Date column, click the current end date.
- Select a new date.
- Navigate to a piece of content, and click it to open the Composer.
- If not already selected, click "This content has an end date and time.”
- Add or update the date and time.
- Click “Save” or “Save + Close.”
Show & Hide Columns
Customize your view by toggling the columns you want to see.
- Click the settings icon next to the grouping selector for all column options.
- Select your preferred columns to reveal the details relevant to each piece of content.
View by Week, Month, Quarter, and Year
In Timelines, you can zoom in to a specific week or take a birds eye view of all content scheduled throughout the week, month, quarter, or year.
Select a date within the “viewing from” dropdown to see all content timelines which are active during the selected date.
Sometimes you only need to view content related to a specific campaign or project. Use filters to surface only the content you’d like to view.
Content can be ordered vertically within Timelines by grouping content by channel, account, story, or moment to surface timelines within your preferred context.
- Click “Group by...” located in the top left-hand corner of Timelines.
Timelines Content Sort Order
- Content is sorted by default by the creation date, i.e. the oldest will be at the top of the list of content and the newest will be at the bottom.
- When content has been manually arranged within a moment, that order will be applied in place of the creation date.
Timelines Moment Sort Order
- Moments are sorted by default by the creation date, i.e. the oldest will be at the top of the list and the newest will be at the bottom.
- Content start date is the same as the moment start date it is within.
- Changing a moment start date will not adjust the moment or content end date.
- Moment flighting end date is independent of a story's duration, i.e. it can be scheduled past the story end date.
- Content flighting end date is independent of a moment's duration, i.e. it can be scheduled past the moment end date.