Download Opal on Mobile
Notifications and Subscriptions
Web Browsers and Security
Edit Your Profile
Edit Your Settings
Help & Support
External and Internal Comms
Setting Up Your Opal for Success
Streamline Campaign Development
Use Cases for Email Teams
Using Private & Public Spaces
Organize with Labels Sets and Labels
Filter, Search, and Sort
Manage Privacy & Permissions
Track Campaign Budgets
Next Week in Opal Email
Work with Campaigns
Define Campaign Details
Create & Manage a Moment
Customize Moments in Week View
Moment View Layouts
Move a Moment
Workflow on Moments
Manage Campaign Content
Channels & Content Types
Create & Manage Content
Content Composer Tabs
Export Content Metadata to CSV
Channels & Content Types
View the Asset Library & Assets
Edit Asset Settings
Export Asset Metadata to CSV
Use Tasks & Approvals
Configure Tasks and Approvals
Approve and Decline Content
Share the Work
Create a Presentation
View a Presentation
Edit a Presentation and Slides
Share a Presentation
Canvas & Title Slides
Facebook Ads Manager
Khoros Admin Guide
Sprinklr Admin Guide
Getting to Know Opal
Opal Quarterly Showcase w/Lauren Scott of Zillow
Opal Quarterly Showcase w/Angelic Crippen of Intermix
Opal Quarterly Showcase w/Kelsey Dahlager of Target
Opal Quarterly Showcase w/Leah Randall of Minted
Streamline Campaign Development in Opal
Working Remotely in Opal
Tips & Tricks to Speed Up Your Day
Manage General Options
Manage Label Sets & Labels
Manage Channels & Accounts
Manage Workspace Workflow
See What's New!
Simplified & Streamlined Navigation
Nested Label Sets
Opal Text Editor
Your Marketing Calendar, Now on Mobile
Orchestrate & Visualize Your Website in Opal
Email Collaboration Made Easy
Do More In Your Favorite Views
Polished for a Purpose
Workflow In Opal
Content Start and End Dates
Export to PDF
Content Change Tracking
Export Your Opal Data to CSV
Do More with Assets
Enhancing Collaboration with Access
Content Data Export
Added Accountability for Approvers
Facebook Canvas Ads
Plan & Manage Budgets
View & Schedule Timing of Content
New Moment Actions
Policies & Guidelines
Table of Contents
Updated by Gary Ploski
Longform allows for content to be created for blogs, email, newsletters, and more.
Create Longform Content
- Navigate to a moment and click to open it.
- Click “Add Content” and select “Longform.” Please note that this may be noted with a unique name for your team, e.g. Blog.
- Click on the longform content card to open the Composer.
- Within the Composer, complete the required fields that are noted with orange indicators. e.g. content type, account and time.
- Click anywhere in the body of the Composer to add copy to the header, body, or footer.
- Add additional text sections by clicking “Text” or pressing enter/return on your keyboard.
- Change the text section formatting by clicking the double-arrow then the desired format option.
- To attach an asset, hover the mouse above or below a section of text, then click the “Open Asset Library” icon to select an asset from the Asset Library or “Upload Asset” icon to upload an asset from your computer.
- To finalize your edits, click “Save” or “Save + Close.”
Work with Longform Content
- Only one person can edit a piece of longform content at a time.
- Changes to longform content must be saved or discarded in order to make it available for someone else to edit.
- Assets must be uploaded from your computer.
- If someone is editing longform content that you would like to edit, @mention them via Chat & Activity.
Text Formatting Options
The following options are available within longform content.
- P - Paragraph text
- H1 - Large header text
- H2 - Medium header text
- H3 - Small header text
- Quote - Quoted text
- Numbered list - Display a numbered list
- Bulleted list - Display a bulleted list
- B - Bold text
- I - Italic text
- U - Underline text
- Chain Link - Hyperlink text
- Open Asset Library - Add assets from the Asset Library to your Longform content
- Upload an Asset - Upload assets to the asset library to share them across multiple pieces of content
- Text - Add a new text section
- While editing longform content, changes will be autosaved.
- A new version is created when the content is saved.
- Browse or revert to previous versions of longform content.
To see what changed on one specific version, simply click the change record to reveal longform change-tracking capabilities.
Take your longform content straight out of Opal and into your longform tool.
- Navigate to a piece of content.
- Click the … icon.
- Next, click “Export Content.”
- You will be prompted to select Markdown or HTML. Clicking on either option will compress the assets and copy into a .zip file that will save to the default download folder specified in your browser.