Table of Contents
Updated by Gary Ploski
The calendar provides a visual representation of when your moments and content are scheduled in Opal, offering an easy way to plan and visualize all content within a workspace.
The calendar can be viewed by day, week, and month. Each view provides a different way to visualize, plan, and collaborate your moments and content.
- Click “Calendar” in the sidebar.
- Click “Day”, “Week” or “Month”
Viewing by Day
Navigate by selecting a specific day on the timeline or by clicking the right and left navigation arrows.
- Moments are represented by vertical columns arranged from left to right in chronological order with content appearing in a column.
- Content can be reviewed, approved, and collaborated on without opening a moment.
Viewing by Week
When viewing by week, you can see seven days’ worth of moments at one time.
To view a different week, click a new week on the timeline or use the left and right navigation arrows to navigate forward or backward.
Moments are represented by moment cards stacked in vertical columns; each column represents a different day of the week.
Each moment card shows the name of the moment, the name of its primary story, the current approval status and the channel icons that represent the moment’s media mix.
Click on any moment card to create additional pieces of content, and visualize and interact with any content within.
Move a moment to another day by dragging and dropping a moment card on a different day of the week or on a specific date in the timeline.
Move a piece of content by dragging the specific piece of content from one moment to another.
Update your personal view of the week by setting your preferred options.
- Click “Options ⚙️”.
- Under Content, click “Hide” or “Show”.
- Selecting Hide will display the channel icons only for content within a moment.
- Selecting Show will display a list of content within a moment.
- Under Cover Images, click “No Image,“ “Standard,” or “Scaled”.
- Selecting “No Image” will display all moments without a cover image.
- Selecting “Standard” will display all moments with a cover image that is the same size.
- Selecting “Scaled” will display all moments with a cover image that adjusts to the cover image size.
Viewing by Month
When viewing by month, you can see a high-level overview of stories, moments, or accounts planned on every day of the month.
To navigate the calendar to a different month, simply click the right and left navigation arrows to move backward or forward in time.
When viewing by month, you can modify your view to show either stories, moments, or channels. To do so, select your desired option from the “Show as…” menu located in the top left corner of the calendar.
When “Show as Stories” is selected, click a story to reveal all moments planned within. Click on the title of the moment to open it.
When “Show as Channels” is selected, click a channel to see the titles of all content planned for the selected channel. Click on a content title to view it.
Opal on Mobile
Opal on mobile lets you access all your stories, moments, and content at anytime. See down to the content level to view every piece of content planned for a given day, or zoom out to the story and moment levels to see all of your stories by month and moments by day, week, and month.
Manage approvals, provide feedback, and collaborate on content or download content and assets directly from your device or upload them to social platforms for publication.